Highlights: College of Architecture + Planning
Reaching a Sustainable Future Through Design is a comprehensive effort to support the College of Architecture + Planning and its mission to educate future professionals who are concerned with constructing and maintaining the highest quality in our built and natural environments. Among several campaign priorities, our major initiative is to expand and renovate our 1970 building. The College's capital campaign is a two-phase model. The first phase is the addition of 27,000 square feet to the north of the building and the second phase includes the renovation and remodel of the existing 47,000 square feet.
Progress To Date:
- CA+P received a generous gift of $250,000 to help establish and fund the new ecological planning center.
- CA+P have identified two potential donors for naming of the building and the new addition.
- CA+P have pledge agreements out to Utah construction firms with one presentation left. Gift agreements and commitments totaling: $300,000
- CA+P have eleven pledge agreements out to architect firms, design firms, and businesses. Gift agreements and commitments totaling: $1.35 million
- CA+P have completed a cost estimate summary on the addition and renovation of the building.
- CA+P has finished a Capital Development Projects Capital Budget Estimate.
- CA+P has completed a feasibility and energy study including, site analysis, existing building (architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical), NetZero strategies and a break-down of building expansion architectural options, mechanical systems, electrical systems, architectural drawings and cost estimates.
The College's capital campaign is on-going and will be moving forward with the arrival of our new dean on August 1, 2014.
Website - http://www.arch.utah.edu/new/